Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secretary setup 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolob4all

Vendor
Sep 13, 2010
US
Unusual request from the customer in entertaining business.

All calls for the boss ext. 1000 should ring on secretary ext. 1001. Not a big deal, created bridged appearance.
Secretary answers the call, mutes the line and yells across the hall: "You have John on the line!"
Boss wants to grab the call by pressing Line button, while secretary still muted and listens the call.

All I can think of is Call Intrusion. Are there any other options?

Another idea is to program MeetMe button on both phones and have them jump on the ad-hoc conference call.

Berta_xcrj0d.jpg

Secretary?? :)

Not sure what's so funny with word "Secretary". You better suggest some solution

Definition of secretary on Merriam-Webster
1 : one employed to handle correspondence and manage routine and detail work for a superior.

But maybe I just didn't get your joke.[smile2]

It's about the : yells across the hall: "You have John on the line!"

Never watched two and a half men?

If you are going to use a conference I would make the button with a conference specific bridge number. Other wise you might end up in two different conferences.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Call steal button.

Call Steal

This function can be used with or without a specified user target.

If the target has alerting calls, the function will connect to the longest waiting call.

If the target has no alerting calls but does have a connected call, the function will take over the connected call, disconnecting the original user.
This usage is subject to the Can Intrude setting of the Call Steal user and the Cannot Be Intruded setting of the target.

If no target is specified, the function attempts to reclaim the user's last ringing or transferred call if it has not been answered or has been answered by voicemail.

Thanks intrigrant,
Interesting idea, but they want original user that answered the call (secretary) to stay muted on the call.

only way would be a conference call

you could try to make a loopback line
analog line fed by an analog extension (actually 2 or 3 line and extension ports that receive the calls to a HG that rings those lines)
have line appearance on the phones and then go both on it.

Not sure if that will actually work because I refuse to use line appearance.

Joe W.

FHandw, just expired ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Here is a what ended up using. Maybe will save time somebody in future:

1. Setup Bridged Appearance buttons on Secretary's ext.
2. For both, secretary and boss, under Telephony, checked Can Intrude and unchecked Cannot Be Intruded.

-Now, when call comes to Boss
-Secretary's phone rings and Secretary presses configured button.
-Yells "You have John on Line 1" or 2, or 3
-Boss presses Line 1 on his phone and that intrudes into the call
-Secretary can mute the call or even drop the call and get back to the call by just pressing Bridged Appearance button call is on.

Couldn't find this solution documented, but maybe just wasn't looking into the right place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back