Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secondary PRI is down

Status
Not open for further replies.

KABUKI

Vendor
Jun 13, 2002
US
I have a PRI that is down,CSU in CS1000 room shows a red ais alarm.
When I unplug the patch cable from Telco's Westell unit and plug it into my loopback plug back towards the CS1000 the CSU and the CS1000 goes normal,no alarms.

After going through the CS1000 with my engineer for 2 hours we have come to the conclusion that something in the C.O. is causing the problem.

My question is,am I missing anything or is Telco up to it's same old tricks ?

Two visits from Telco techs say they test "all ones",I am trying to get this fixed because the primary is slipping.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

You haven't missed a thing they need to fix there problem

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Diagnostics 101.
You have two PRIs (your subject says Secondary PRI is down)
Swap the services between the CS1000 cards to prove the issue in or out of the CS1K.
If the fault moves with the service, back to the carrier to resolve.
If the fault stays on the same CS1K PRI card, then the issue is your CS1K, card or config or cabling.

Definitely a Telco problem. If your other span is slipping then you need to add a second reference. Is the Telco tech plugging into the RJ 45 on the Westell or the card with his t-berd? I have seen them test fine on the westell card but fail at the rj 45, could be a bad plug on the rj 45. All one's is Keep alive, is he seeing that from the C.0. side or your equipment side? Another test is to loop it towards the CO and see if the westell comes out of alarm.

UPDATE,A DIFFERENT TELCO TECH FINALLY DID MORE THAN A CURSORY CHECK AND FOUND THE CULPRIT TO BE AN "EDGELINK" CARD BETWEEN THEIR C.O. AND THEIR WESTELL UNIT.

THE CS1000 CAME UP IN LESS THAN A MINUTE AND ALL ALARMS WENT AWAY

GOOD 'OL C.O. !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back