Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secondary IP for Bay Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Mar 26, 2002
MY
Hai,

Can Bay router have Primary and secondary IP as per Cisco Router. I have seen it on Bay Switch but I have never seen it on Site Manager( Ver 14) while all my current AN/ARN are version 12.0.

Thanks

Hello, its also possible on a bay. Try it per bcc (its also possible with the Site Manager) In Side Manger i´ve yust seen it (but i´ve no SM here to look for). So i will explain it with bcc. On the TI type bcc. After a while the bcc prompt appears. Then type config to enter the configuration mode. In example you would like to configure a secondary IP on the dual ethernet module, connector 1 that is slotted in slot 2.
Type ethernet 2/2/1
Then this prompt appears: Type after ether... the (or any) IP. Each IP is stored then for this interface.

ethernet 2/2/1> ip 192.168.0.10/255.255.255.0 <return>
After you have typed this a prompt appears that shows this IP before the prompt.You can delete it with the command &quot;delete&quot; after that prompt. With sho ip ena (bcc) or sho ip circ (TI) you can check your configuration.

Michael

I have a similar problem...
We have a micom 5kt pro plugged in a baystack AN router that was working a few years back. When we moved to another building we dismantled it and had it in a shelf for over a year. We want to use it now for a leased line connection to the internet and the isp guys said they don't know how to set it up. I tried Nortel's website and came up with nothing. I tried calling them up and said they stopped tech support on Baystack and Micom. Anybody out there who can help me start configuring these two? How do I start? What do I need? I did a reset on both, what's the default config? I tried hyper terminal but it seems that I didn't use the correct cable to connect to it with my laptop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back