Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secondary dial tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmaki

Programmer
Jun 30, 2003
YU
I tried setting up this feature according to IP Office documentation, but it doesn't work. Can anyone help me?

In north american systems this is enabled by default, so I assume you're elsewhere or else doing something unusual. Basically you need a secondary DT trigger shortcode, then setup your dialing shortcodes to take advantage of it. The following is a standard setup:

SC: 9
TN: .
LG: 0
F: SecondaryDialtone

Dialing 9 will now trigger secondaryDT. Now, to actually use it for anything:

SC: [9]N
TN: N
LG: <what group you want it to dial on>
F: Dial

Above will work for anything dialed after the 9. You can get very specific with the shortcodes - say you want all local calls to go over one line group and all LD to go over another. The standard north american configuration comes with most variations built in to the shortcodes already.

Note the [9] in the square brackets - this is critical. It tells the system this shortcode is paired with the secondaryDT trigger shortcode, allowing it to match against the totality of the user dialed sequence.

Peter

If I have two businesses on one system each with there own incomming line group and incomming call route, how would I make it so specific users go out over specific line groups outbound? business 1 is extensions 201 to 210, business 2 is extensions 210 to 220, the operator 200 is part of both. Something like ARS is the magix...

this will only work if each company has seperate lines.

1st set the incomming & outgoing line groups of the incomming lines different for each company.

Then create USER shortcodes for each user to dialout on the required line group.

IE:
SC [9]N
TN .
LG <Out Going Group ID for company>
Feature Dial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back