Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secondary D-channel 'Service Messaging'

Status
Not open for further replies.

fondog

IS-IT--Management
Dec 28, 2005
US
Hello all,
Our vendor Verizon has advised that our secondary D-channel keeps going into 'out-of-service' state because we do not have 'service messaging' turned on in the switch. These are not new circuits and have been in service for 3 years with no changes and teh problem just started to occur in the past 30 days. I have replaced both the DS1 board and the CSU, but the problem continues. Can someone explain what and where would I find 'service messaging' to turn it on for this D-channel? I have confirmed that the Primary and Secondary D-channels are programmed exactly the same and we do not lose the Primary even when they (Verizon) forced the Secondary to take over for the Primary for stress testing. Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Is the Signaling Group configured as NFAS with both the Primary & Backup D channels assigned?

What protocol are you using on the DS-1 boards (display ds1 xxyzz).

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the delay was out of town. Yes, the Signaling Group is configured NFAS and the primary and secondary D-channels are assigned using protocol 'a'.

Protocol A is AT&T Custom. Is that what your carrier is configured for? The protocol may change depending on the serving CO. Typically:

Protocol A = 4ESS CO
Protocol B = 5ESS CO
Protocol C = DMS250 CO
Protocol D = DMS100 CO

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back