Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Second PRI call goes to general delivery mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkView

Technical User
May 26, 2005
US
I have a BCM400 v3.6 with an ISDN PRI. The PRI works for the first call in on the main number. The call hits the receptionist phone where I can do what I want with it. However, when I place a second or more simultaneous calls to the main number the calls (other than first) go to the general delivery mailbox without even ringing. Any thoughts on where to look would be appreciated.

Are you using DDI numbers on Target lines ? if you are maybe you set the first line to Automatic and the rest are set to Manual

Under target lines/prime set needs to be the set you assign the line to.

under line assignment check the number of apperances for that target line.

for example..target line (241) (ring only) apperances(2) or more if you desire.

Thanks for the help. I was able to figure out my problem. There were actually two things that seemed to be incorrect. First, on the enabled physical lines for the prime the prime set was not to the phone I wanted. I guess the first call made it to the set because of the assigned target line for the main number. Second, forward on busy was set to the voicemail DN. I had to take this off even the the target line was set to auto attendant. When I made both of these changes multiple inbound calls started working as I needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back