Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SECOND LINE VMAIL ROLLOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

elwormo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2005
I have a phone "ext6006" with 2 lines and when you call the second line "ext 26006" the vmail does not pick up.

I am very new to this sytem and we are lacking documentation. Can anyone tell me how to make that rollover. I have l and p and can get access to the pbx system.

WHAT IS YOUR LAST "LHK" SET TO, AND WHAT TYPE OF VOICEMAIL SYSTEM ARE YOU USING?

Williams is what the manual says. The system is nortel meridian networks running x25 i believe I can run a prt in ld 20 the tnb for type and eneter my tnb and it gives me lhk = 1

You need to check cls has fna. Also if you are dialing 6006 or 26006 will make a difference when it goes to voicemail. Put 26006 in same mailbox as 6006 as a second number.

As long as your second line is on key 1 then LHK=1 is O.K. Are you sure you are not using meridian mail for your voicemail system? If so then make sure that the mailbox has included your second line as an EXT.

thank you for your replies. It is working fine. I was dialing direct 26006 to test :) I tied up the line and called it and it worked great.

thanks again

also need to make sure line one is marped on the set, and added to the mail box for line one as an exten..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

by doing that you can dial either line and get the same vm

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back