Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Second directory and analog trunk in Emetrotel phone

MoJHK

Systems Engineer
Nov 16, 2017
HK
Dear experts,

1. I want to add the second directory number in Emetrote phone set.
2. Is it possible to add a dedicated ananlog trunk in one of the button in panasonic phone in Emetrotel UCX250?

Any suggestions?

looking for the same answer but I think it works like a traditional PBX and not a KEY system. I did send a question to the engineer if I get an answer I repost.

Yes, there is – we refer to it as Shared Call Appearances. It works just like a traditional key system for incoming calls…
• i.e.: call comes in – rings at the first available line number key – is answered by pressing that key – can be placed on hold and will show blinking on all the phones that have those line keys – can be subsequently picked up by another user by pressing the key with the held call indicator – etc.

For outgoing calls, a call must be originated from a main extension number (handset, headset, handsfree – phone goes offhook and originates the call). After the call is connected to the trunk and ringing at the far end, it will present at one of the available line keys and can be shared in the same manner. The act of initiating the call is from a main extension number NOT a line position key.

this is the way to do the line key but you still need to use the dial code to get out. For inbound only.

Hi ThansenII,

Thanks for your sharing!

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back