Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Second Dial Tone on SIP Trunk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrmass

Technical User
Aug 14, 2014
CA
I've successfully set up a SIP trunk to Anveo in hopes of transitioning away from the POTS line from my telco. I've assigned a destination code of "8", a route of "001" to "BlocA" and a second dial tone prefix of "8". My set is prime lined to "I/C" since I believe one can't prime line to a sip trunk. All works fine when I pickup the handset or hit the intercom key, dial "8" get second dial tone and then dial my destination number.

Is there a way to prime to the set SIP trunk without having to dial "8" and get a second dial tone when picking up the handset. When I hit the intercom key and dial "8" I get a second dial tone. When I just pickup the handset I see the "8" hot keyed in the display but don't get a SDT and if I continue to dial the destination number the call goes though.

It's my home setup and wife training is involved. I'd rather bang my head for a couple days trying get this to work.

Thanks in advance

Oops, forgot mention that I hot lined the set to "external", "prime line" and "external number 8

Sorry, cannot be done via anything (including External Auto Dial) except using the Intercom button followed by the dest code.

Just for you nerd!
Install micro switch inside the phone under the switch hook.
Connected the switch hook to a relay timer that turns on for 3 or 4 seconds
Install a small mp3 player (that plays dial tone) to the relay timer
Loop the speaker and handset speaker leads to the mp3 players output
Use your External Hotdial method as mentioned
Test

[clown]

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Now that's an outside the box answer! Unfortunately would be cordless phones on an analog port but now you've cured my tunnel vision on making the BCM do the job and got me thinking.

I could put an off hook detector on the analog port and insert a dial tone from a tone generator in the loop when off hook is detected. Would need a dtmf detector in there as well to cut the dialtone on dtmf detection. It could work and I've got all the components on junk boards and miscellaneous parts to build it. One issue I could see is the dtmf detector would have to be fast enough to cut the dial tone so that the BCM could detect what's left of the first dtmf tone.

Could also stick a Raspberry Pi with appropriate programming and a FXS and FXO adapter between the phone and the analog port or even simpler an FXS adapter programmed to the sip provider and connected to a spare analog trunk on the BCM and prime line the set to that trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back