Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

second caller ID on IP Office basic mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostZman

Vendor
Sep 22, 2011
US
How do I display the second incoming caller ID while on an active call? I tried programming a caller ID inspect and also using the down arrow, but no luck.

Using 8.1, with 1416 telephones.

there was a thread not too long ago where Touch Tone Tommy posted the way to go through the programming menu and enable it permanently but I can't of course find it right now.
however that means you could try and see if you can find it in the menu of the phone, it might not work because basic mode is a castrated version of a phone system and I have never installed one so I could not even try it on a system I have access to, but it is worth a shot. Actually found it in the manual because I was nosy

18.8.8 Show Call Waiting
By default, when you are connected on a call, the display will show details of that call. In order to see details of a another
call such as a held call or a waiting call you need to scroll the display using the up and down arrow buttons.
Using the Show Call Waiting option, you can select to have the current call display automatically toggle between details
of the current call and the waiting call display.
1.Press the Features soft key if shown.
· To access the menu during a call, press the right arrow key or press the PHONE key and then press
the Features soft key.
2.Use the up and down arrow keys to scroll the display to the option Phone User.
3.Press the Select soft key or the OK button or the right arrow key.
4.Use the up and down arrow keys to scroll the display to the option Phone Screen Settings.
5.Press the Select soft key or the OK button or the right arrow key.
4.Use the up and down arrow keys to scroll the display to the option Show Waiting Call.
5.Press the Change soft key to change the setting or use the left or right arrow keys.
· Off
Show details of the current call only.
· On
Automatically toggle the display between details of the current call and the waiting call.
6.Press the Done soft key.

try it and let us know pls

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Interrupt the silence only if you improve it by saying something, otherwise be quiet and everybody will be grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back