Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SECC not forwarding correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonetrbl911

Technical User
Sep 11, 2008
US
I have an Opt11C 4.0, SECC 4.2, CallPilot 2.0. The situation is that the customer has branches in other states that forward their 800 numbers or main numbers to a DID at the location of the SECC. The SECC works correctly however for the Out of Hours Service the calls should route to ext. 17XX which is a phantom TN that is DCFW to CallPilot, play the closed message and beep to leave a message. The recording played is "you have been forwared to a vm system however the person at 123-456-7890 does not subscribe to this service a valid attendant number has not been specified your session cannot be completed at this time, please try again later." I can change the Out of Hours Service number to a phone and it does forward out of SECC correctly.

Assuming you have ext 17XX set up with a VM account, it should work. However, it would appear that the phantom is not "cleansing" the ID of the incoming DID number which does not have a VM account. There was/is a patch for this but can't seem to identify it right now, but there definitely is one for release 4 and 4.5.

Its very strange that this has worked for years and now this just starts happening? I know that the Opt11C was INI'd a few weeks ago, maybe something with the INI could have effected this?

This patch was written a few years ago when I was working for another customer, I would have expected it to be incorporated into a DEP list by now so perhaps by uploading the current DEP list the problem will be solved.

Thank you for the help, I believe that we are at the current DEP list for rls 4.0, however if it is a PI patch I will probably have to open a ticket with Nortel to get the problem resolved. Thanks again.

Not sure this will help, but you should be able to put a dummy ACD between your DN and CP, then create a mailbox with the dummy ACD DN.

17XX -> ACD 9876 -> CP 5000 -> VM Box 5000

We had to do alot of this after Succession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back