Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SEB MODEM not answering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyx

MIS
Feb 22, 2002
US
HI:
What do I need to check to get the SEB modem working.
The power is on, the wires appear to be ok. I did not touch them. The phone line from PacBell is ok and rings.
Is there a load overlay I can use to cycle the modem, check the connection to the switch? Disable and reable the SEB?

OPT11 Rel 25

Thanks Tony

What's wrong with the modem? It doesn't answer? does the ringing stop?. You didn't say in your question what it's not doing.

If you have a butt set or a regular telephone, plug the modem line in to it and see if you get ringing and can answer it. Just because you hear ringing on the phone your calling from when you call the modem doesn't mean the line is working. If after trying this and you can answer the line
then try this it might work to reset the modem.

Just unplug the power in the back of the modem, wait a few seconds and plug it back in again.

Thanks. I was able to determine it is the actual phone line. SEB is working fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back