Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Searching Forum for error codes .. how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeonardFernald

Technical User
Mar 14, 2005
US
What's the trick to searching this forum for error codes?

The text, 22,721.05 exists in this forum yet I can't find it through the search function. I've tried:

"22,721.05"
22\,721\.05

etc ...

What gives? Tips? Tricks?

Don't know about searching for error codes here, but if your machine is 840, 850, 860, or 8200, because you did not specify, the code according to the manual is: Y-axis print failure. Media did not arrive at the preheat exit sensor soon enough to complete the print. May also be due to an unexpected high-capacity tray sensor event. Probable cause: Lower tray assembly sensor bouncing
Action: Try lighter or smoother media (for less friction) or Replace lower tray.

Hope this helps!

Well, thanks NC1701A! In reality, I get different errors. I thought it proper to do a search before posting, and I can't figure the search prob.

So, here goes: On an 840, I get two jam errors, but no jam. Error codes are 22,508.08 and 22,506.06 (I'm not at work, but I think that's right.) I've done the basic roller cleans, but no fix.

Is it true the only way to get a service manual, is to buy one? What!? This stuff *should* be readily available from Xerox or Tektronix

Anyway, if someone can help with the codes that'd be great. A service_manual.pdf would be much better in the long run.

Thanks for any help,
Leonard F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back