Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Searching for wireless WAN solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

natesin

MIS
Mar 13, 2001
US
I work for a hospital that has a fairly large building. I know a solution is available. I am looking for a wireless 802.11b antenna/receiver for point to point building to building connections. We would use this to provide a solution to our sattelite doctor offices.

Any input on equipment would be nice. We typically buy Cisco products.

Thanks.

Natesin

There's a lot to consider here. Being that you are a hospital, you must make every effort to protect the data or face HIPAA fines and jail time. I might suggest, since you like Cisco equipment, that you read through this PDF first. ( ww.cisco.com/global/AP/aironet/pdf/safwl_wp.pdf ) It will give you some ideas about how to protect your data as best as you can.

As for WLAN bridges, I like the Proxim product line.
( )
The kits have most of what you need to get a link up as quickly as possible. This will have wireless encryption, but you should really invest in some type of packet level encryption as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back