Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

searching for software solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

floriauck

Technical User
Jul 2, 2004
US
hello,

firstly i hope that this is a somewhat fitting category for my question, i searched the forums but couldnt come up with a better category..

I am looking for a software to do changes on a face! i have heard that some plastic surgeans are using software like that, where they can show you what u look like after surgery.. what are they using? does anybody know? and more importantly what would be a professional software solution for that? is it doable in photoshop? i also read a while ago that some 3d programm has a build in feature where u can scan a face and then pretty easily change it! but i cant remember what it was .. any help that would point me to the right direction is really appreciated,

thanks a lot
florian

Photoshop can do 2D image manipulation, so with the right skills, it's possible to do what you're asking. Try downloading a trial version and try it out for yourself.

As for 3D solutions, I would imagine that most of the problem involves getting a good 3D source image. You may want to do a search for 3D scanners (probably expensive), or software that takes photos of a subject from different angles and constructs a 3D model from them (probably not 100% accurate). It's not something that Photoshop does, however, although it may help with textures and things like that.

I would think that you would have to use some type of morphing software. Try googling for it!

There's always a better way. The fun is trying to find it!

thank you for your help so far ..

so, now i know that its possible with photoshop with the right skills that is!

and with 3d views, i should look into morphing software! alright, i will google for that and see what i can find!

thanks,

florian

oh, barehug, thanks a lot, thats exactly what i was looking for! i will test that software and see if i can handle it!

thanks
florian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back