Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Searching as entering

Status
Not open for further replies.

simoncpage

Programmer
Apr 4, 2002
GB
Hi

Is there anyway that anyone knows of as you are entering a new record being able to search. I want to try to stop duplication so as someone is entering a new contact for example on the left after each entry it is throwing up a search on the side?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Simon

hey Simon!
is this waht we talked about in the other thread or do u need a smiple sample?
All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Hey there

I'm not sure I get what you mean with "u can turn any field into a button" if you assign a field as a perform script then how do you enter text in it - except if you tab to it which would mean that it wouldn't be clicked on?

Thanks

Simon

Hi

Yeah I worked out how to add a script to a textbox but the problem is if some uses tabs to get to to the cell it wont do anything and if I force someone to click on the cell then how do you enter text in that textbox? am I missing something??

Thanks

Simon

I am not sure that there is a way of going arround the tab thing....
"if I force someone to click on the cell then how do you enter text in that textbox"
-- assign the script to the button (as u have)& run the script that will
"Go to Field:{your field in db and on layout}
it will work just like an ordinary "form on the web"
All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back