Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Searching A table from a Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

zytonga

Programmer
May 21, 2001
US
I have three tables titled:

Goods
GoodsAdd
GoodsProfile

The Goods table contains the required data including a primary key which is joined to the GoodsAdd table on a foriegn key. This creates a one to many join. Goods on the one side and GoodsAdd on the many side.

There are three forms based on three queries qryGoods, qryGoodsAdd, and qr7GoodsProfile. From here I have three forms with frmGoods as the main form and two popup forms(frmGoodsAdd, frmGoodsProfile)

frmGoods is the main form. This form contains a noun field as does the frmGoodsProfile. When the user types in a noun in the noun field I am trying to do a search on the noun field in the tblGoodsProfile. If the noun fields in both the frmGoods and tblGoodsProfile match then the popup frmGoodsAdd should allow the users to enter values (two fields appear but only a value field should be edited). If the noun fields do not match the user will get a popup to enter a noun name a attribute names related to the noun.

I have tried using the Dlookup function along with macros and filters and still have not found a solution. Please help. If you need additional information please let me know.

Signed Desperate.

Well you sorta lost me but I think I had a remotly similar problem.

Make a query in design view that includes the table you are searching in and put the "variable name" for the field you are trying to match up in the criteria box of the field you are matching it up to. Then make a form out of this query.

Then when you need to compare the records open up the form of the Query you made and if there are any matches they will be the only records listed.

Hope this helps you,
Code Warrior Burchfield

I write code. See code run. Run code run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back