Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Search text and replace with graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMAC4

Technical User
Jul 21, 2006
Hi, I was wondering if there is any way Indesign cs2 can find text and replace it with a graphic?

As far as I know, the answer is no.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

hi, thanks for answering, yes that's what I was thinking as well. I wonder if a graphic can be saved some how as a font. I have a dictionary to do and they want over 500 entries pasted in. I'm just trying to find a quick way to do it.

One way to speed up the process would be to use inline graphics. Size the graphic to as close to the needed size as possible, then copy it. Switch to the Type tool, and do a Find on the word you need to replace. Hit Find Next so that the type you want is highlighted. You'll have to double-click on the word in the doc (but you don't have to close the Find dialog at least), then hit your Paste shortcut. Click the Find Next button again and repeat.

Hope that workaround takes SOME of the tedium out of that task!

thanks Ekwoman, yep it looks like it may be the only way, appreciate your feedback

Hey...I'm all for cutting out ANY tedious task I can...or at least making it a little less tedious! I supposed there might be a script that could do that. If the project's big enough (money- and time-wise, that is), it might be worth it to pay someone to write a script for that. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back