Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Search Table on Page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

newcoder

MIS
Jul 3, 2001
US
I have a table on one page in my website - it lists employee names, extensions, locations. How can I create a search of this table so that someone can find an individual by first name, last name, extension, or location. Essentially a search by column and return the result - or highlight the line in the table with the result?

You either need to use a database and search that or possibly Javascript may be able to handle this client side.

Cheech

[Peace][Pipe]

Thanks for the Javascript link - that works pretty cool...I do need this to work client side - do you know of any script that will do a "multiple search"? This finds the first instance of the "Name" --- but in the case of multiple instances - I'm stuck.....say the page is sorted by first name order and someone types in Smith - it'll find the first Smith - but not any others....I need a next instance button ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back