Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

search on dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezles

Technical User
Jul 18, 2003
GB
hiya

Dates are driving me insane!
I want to search between two dates that the user enters on a form. I then want to save the results from this query into a table, including one of the dates entered.
My code is as follows:

Code:
Dim dtWkEnd as date
dtWkEnd = me.txtTo

"INSERT INTO tblHighRpt (TotSeen, WkEnd) 
SELECT Count(tVisits.ClientID) AS TotSeen, " & dtWkEnd & " "
"FROM tVisits " & _
"WHERE (tVisits.Date) Between #" & (Me.txtFrom) & "# And #" & (Me.txtTo) & "#));"

This gives the correct dates in the query created, however the date it enters into the table is 30/12/1899

Can anyone help?

Lou

INSERT INTO tblHighRpt (TotSeen, WkEnd)
SELECT Count(tVisits.ClientID) AS TotSeen, #" & Format(dtWkEnd, "mm/dd/yyyy") & "# "
"FROM tVisits " & _
"WHERE (tVisits.Date) Between #" & Format(Me.txtFrom, "mm/dd/yyyy") & "# And #" & Format(Me.txtTo, "mm/dd/yyyy") & "#));"

I've formaatted the dates as this bypasses any regional settings since Microsoft products have a tendency to default to US date settings.

Stewart J. McAbney | Talk History

Thanks Stewart, that works a treat!

I had used the formatting, though wasn't sure how to Format dtWkEnd.

Is this the way you should always format dates regardless of settings? ie mm/dd/yyyy. I'm having problems with a couple of databases switching round the dates when i format them. In the query builder dates are in a different format that in the SQL, which one is it that the query is actually using?

I get so confused :-S

Lou

As a precaution, and caution is an important word, it's best to play safe and format the date to that American format.

No idea what Americans do though.

Stewart J. McAbney | Talk History

The safest way to avoid any regional setting issue is to use an ANSI-like format:
#yyyy-mm-dd#

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back