Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Search on date

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMax1

MIS
Apr 8, 2004
US
My database field show te date as YYYYMMDD (20051014). I created a parameter field that look if the date is between the range selected. The date selected using the parameter screen is with the format YYYY-MM-DD.
How can I match the selection and the date in my Db field. As it is, the report show all the dates because I am matching 20051014 against 2005-10-14. I believe I have to change something, but where?

What are the data types of the field and the parameter?

Cheers,
- Ido

Visual CUT & DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Hi
For the parameter 'Date Range' it is DATE, the field in the Db is a Number. I cannot change the data type in the Db. By using DATE for the parameter, it allows me to see a calendar when the Parameter selection screen pop up.
I am using Xi

Try a record selection formula like:

date(val(left(totext({table.number},0,""),4)),
val(mid(totext({table.number},0,""),5,2)),
val(mid(totext({table.number},0,""),7,2))) in {?daterange}

-LB

Nice,
I am new at this, therefore where do I put this record selection criteria since I the way I am making my date range selection in the windows that open when I refresh the data selection. This is the windows that allows me to select the date range and that is created because I create and inserted a ate range selection.
Thanks.

EMax1, you would pu the formula lbass suggested in the Select Expert.

That's the hand holding the three marbles, or you can go to:
report > Select Expert

Once there, click on "Show Formula" and add the formula there.

-chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back