Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Search Key Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

SysDupe123

Technical User
Dec 17, 2003
US
I've been trying to make an Import Specification for a macro into a table and while I'm at it, import data into a table. No problems with the Specification, but when I try to import the text file into a table, an error pops up.
The error said no search key found.

I haven't ever seen that.

Help!

Thanks

Hi! That's an interesting question you have there- I was totally clueless until I did some Googling!

A couple of thoughts for you: it's helpful if you post the EXACT error code and error message. :) Also, this "Import Specification" thingy looks like it's an Access 2007 feature only? That could be helpful to note as well.

Showing the macro or any specific information on the table or data is helpful, whenever you can. :)

It's hard to say if this is the solution to your problem without more detail, but this looks like it might do it: For this error, it suggests removing the index from a large memo field. Hope that helps! If not, perhaps with more detail someone more experienced than I can assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back