Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Search in library folders only

Status
Not open for further replies.

visopenlive

Programmer
Jul 1, 2010
US
Hai

I completed a report to show all contracts that expire in a week etc. Is there any way to find only those contrats (documents) that are in library folder?

Thanks all..

Its in Enterprise work space. There are many subfolders in it. And library folder is existing in each project folder.
I tried using location like '%Libra%' but query is toooo slow. so is there any way to do this?

so this query should give you all items in livelink that starts with the name Library

select name,dataid,parentid from dtree where name like 'Libra%'
Once you get the id's you should be able to find what you need in each 'library' folder.BTW do you use the Livelink Project subtype or are you casually mentioning a standard livelink folder as your 'Library' folder.

BTW the query thru your search should not take that long because it may match the database query if things are working correctly.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back