Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Search for best quality/price anti-virus software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoemp

Programmer
Sep 25, 2002
BE
Hi

I'm doing some research on anti-virus software. Now we use the Norton anti-virus software, but the software needs an awful lot of system resources and group licencing is pretty expensive too. That's why I need some opinions from you. I'm looking for a new software that:

- Needs less resources
- protects very good
- has an attractive price for group licencing (15 computers)

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks

Steven

this board will be swamped if the Christmas PCs find us.

and no mater how many or which species of swallow, they will still be left clapping 2 coconut halves together to get where they are going!

and most of the new Christmas PCs will be like the knight guarding the bridge!

now back to the question at hand (before i lose mine),
for home use i have tried the "top" brands and for the money and success i am sticking with AVG. i have found the Holy grail.

Do your self a favor... Get a Netscreen Firewall with built in Antivirus, it uses Trend Micro. You have the upfront cost of the Firewall and then about $400 a year for AV on the box. Then you get a freeware version of antivirus to go on the workstations. You have double protection while getting a good price for 15 users. Beats 15x$40.

AV

Wow, are there any other recommendations for f-prot? That's dirt cheap pricing.

----------------------------------------
Perceptus Solutions Inc.
A little computer support and web firm.

We use McAfee Anti-Virus Defense Suite here but I can't recommend it if a low foot-print is what you're after. It has rich reporting and scales well though.

I'd be suprised if any effective virus scanner didn't consume a fair amount of system resources, it is doing pretty intensive work when actively scanning.

sorry to offend guys but norton is not a corporate product, it says on the box it is but lets face facts its a home pc product that can be rolled out to an office.

not what you would call an enterprise product, any user that says it is then feel free to contact me with a response.

I have worked for the past few years with various IT support firms as a site engineer and found the product leaks all sorts in.

I know i know you will all disagree but i have seen them all and only a handfull of them work correctly. Sophos, E-trust and other high brand ones work well. I would put my wages on it.......... care to take me up on that.

Cheers in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back