Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Search for a forwarded phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2018
US
Is there a way to search through all extensions to find the phone that is forwarded to another extension?

Poke around the threads here and find the excel tool to download (I believe Firebird Scrambler currently maintains it). Follow the directions to print out and parse all of your TNB's. Then do a search of the resulting spreadsheet to find the forwarded to extension.

Besides being useful for finding stuff like this, the excel tool is great for finding all kinds of stuff and keeping track of your system programming.

Thank you, If any one has the instructions to convert the tnb to excel, Id appreciate it. Im not that great with Excel.

The phone would have to be forwarded at the time I print the tnb too

so TNB will tell you if a forward has been set but not if it is active, and enhanced trace will tell you if it is active

LD 80
entc TN timeToRun

eg for TN 160 0 1 5 for 10 mins (time format is HHMM so 100 would be 1 hour if that makes sense)

. entc 160 0 1 5 10
. gotr

you can see if the CFW key is active

I don't know which phone is forwarded, only the extension we think the phone may be forwarded to. Around 2000 sets, so walking around looking for it would be a pain.

Unzip the attached file and read the word doc file.

What you need to do is to capture your TNB and save it as a text file. Open up the excel conversion tool and go to the advance extension worksheet where you click on the box to import the TNB data so that it converts it into columns to read the call forwarding column.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Like Firebird says convert TNB to Excel with the conversion util, search for the destination number, check the CFW is active on that TN in LD 80

The problem with that is all of the phones have forward buttons, and the get forwarded and un-forwarded all the time. I was hoping there was a command to list a phone that was forwarded to a specific DN

Using the compiled list that shows any call forwarded destinations, then the only thing I can say is to run a trace command in LD 80.

Such as TRAC 0 1234 for extension 1234 etc.
This should show if the extension tested will be on a divert.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back