Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Search Excel Workbook and Worksheet by Phrase or Keyword

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDTiff

MIS
May 29, 2002
US
Hello Everyone,

Can someone please help me? Thank you in advance for your time and help.

I have a workbook in Excel, and I want to be able to search the rows in the worksheet by phrase and keyword. Once the phrase or keywork in the worksheet is found, the worksheet should be filtered so that only the rows that contain the phrase or keyword would show up. Do you know if this is even doable in MS Excel?

Once again thank you for your help.

DDTiff

Can you provide some more information? Is the keyword in a particular column? What have you got so far?

Have you tried to play with the macro recorder ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

There are a number columns I want to be able to search the phrase and keyword. For example, in column B I want to be able to search for "what is the budget"; and column F I want to search by keyword such as company name/branch name something like "Lockheed Martin" or "LM" or "HR".

Once the phrase or keyword found depend upon which column I have selected, I need only the rows that contain the above item to show up.

I don't have anything developed for this yet.

Thank you,

Diem

Actually I've never thought of that approach. So, the search phrase or keyword has to be static, right? Which means I have to pre-programmed the phrase and keyword using VBA, and update the VBA modules when there is a change?

If it is so, I will try and let you know. Thank you for your help.

DDTiff

I have to pre-programmed the phrase and keyword using VBA
You may consider InputBox to ask for phrase and/or keyword.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back