Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Search Enhancement Pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeThorne

Technical User
Mar 17, 2008
US
Hi

Starting today when Windows boot up a Windows Explorer window opens with a folder in it named Search Enhancement Pack.

I ran a search and found a lot of other people having the same thing. I found a note on the Microsoft web site that says it can be uninstalled by running the command,

msiexec /x {9C9CEB9D-53FD-49A7-85D2-FE674F72F24E}

When I do this it starts the process, it says that it is uninstalling the correct item but half way through it just backs out of the process and closes the window.

Anyone know how to get rid of this thing?

Mike

Hi,
if this:
msiexec /x {9C9CEB9D-53FD-49A7-85D2-FE674F72F24E}
fails, try uninstalling the Windows Live or MSN toolbar ( if installed)
or checking the registry for the ID of the Search Enhancement Pack - the MS site may have referenced a different version...

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

310560 - How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP

How to manage Internet Explorer add-ons in Windows XP Service Pack 2

Is there nothing mentioned in Add or Remove?

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

Hi

Well it seems to have cured itself.
When I booted it up today the pop up didn't show and it hasn't through several reboots.

Maybe Microsoft responded to the complaints and downloaded a fix yesterday. I don't have a clue.

There was no identifiable reference to Service Enhancement in the Add Remove Programs list.

This hasn't popped up on my laptop so it seems it only did it on some computers.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back