Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

search engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalized

Programmer
Jul 10, 2000
CA
I am going to be starting the process of creating a search of my database (users will be able to search the database using keywords).

I have never done this before and am not exactly sure where is the best place to start. If anyone can offer any opinions on what kind of first steps to take, or articles to read I would really appreciate it.

This is definitely one of the more important features of my web site which uses a database to populate the information in many of the pages. Unfortunately I have never seen a large amount of information on how to do this. (Maybe I am looking in the wrong places)

As some additional information I would like to mention that I am using SQL Server7.0 and Visual InterDev 6.0.

Thanks is advance for any advice you may offer.

I know a site web where you can find exemples of search engine with it you started your work, but it'is on frensh his adress is: ; if you can't read french send me email. You can use index server if your site web don't have a lot off dynamics pages, if you wont send me email; my email adresse is : s_bamou77@hotmail.com.

My site is actually mostly dynamically created pages. The only pages that are primarily static are the basic initial pages (about 6 pages).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back