Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SEARCH DB FROM FORM

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorch

IS-IT--Management
Feb 27, 2001
GB
I have a simple database made up of one table with several connected queries - all data is input through a simple form.
I have created a search button on the form & would like it to search for a customers name in either all records or within an existing specified query.
So far I can only get it to search through the data that has been input during the current session - I'm also only able to access current sesssion data when scrolling back through the form.
I'm sure this must be easy to set up but I'm just a dim newbie.
Thanks, Tony

Did you use a wizard control button to create what you did?

Yes I created it with the wizard.

Usually when you have a combo box which references table data for lookup in the OnGotFocus or AfterUpdate events a simple ControlName.Requery will update it. You can also update the form data with a Me.requery but if you have data bound controls you should not need to do this. If your application uses unbound forms/controls then you need to code the updates.

Steve King

please answer me these questions:

what are the advantages and disadvantages of microsoft access?

when is the use microsoft access recomended??

what is it used for?

its origins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back