Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Search Box question

Status
Not open for further replies.

breham

Technical User
Jan 13, 2002
GB
Hi,

I'm desiging a site where, at the top of the page, I want a search box to sit in a row of it's own. The page is white but the search box line is green.

When I put in the form details dreamweaver automatically makes turns the rows into 3 rows (because of the form header and footer I think).

Any way of getting around this?

Thanks in advance

Brett

Can you post that pice of the code, so we can see what you did?? I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Did it looks ok when previewed in browser???

If you didn't preview it, the invisible elements can be confusing sometimes. If so just choose "VIEW" --> "Visual Aids" and hide all.

If i'm wrong then you'll have to post the code or a link like GUJUm0deL said

Have Fun...

Sharky99 >:):O>

Here's the code:

<form method=&quot;get&quot; action=&quot; <div align=&quot;center&quot;>
<p>
<input size=15 name=&quot;sp-q&quot;>
<input type=submit value=&quot;Search&quot;>
<input type=hidden name=&quot;sp-a&quot; value=&quot;sp1001e229&quot;>
</p>
</div>
</form>

The form tag is creating a line break. If possible move the tags outside the table (if it is in a table). You can also try: form {display:none;} or form {margin:0px;} in your stylesheet.

Tom

Hi breham,

well the row of your table should start by <tr><td> search box </tr></td>

the form that you have for the search box when inserted into a row in a table takes a bigger space. if you would want to remove this space you should put the form outside the table tag
for example:

<table>
<form action=&quot;&quot; method=&quot;&quot;>
<tr>
<td>
search box <input .....>
</td>
</tr>
</form>
</table>

this way you'll see it right on dreamweaver and on the browser.

Hope I could Assist you in this issue,

ChouCh,

Worked a treat. Thanks guys. I never realised you could move the tags outside of the table.

Cheers
Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back