Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Seamless window

Status
Not open for further replies.

caseybc

Technical User
Nov 28, 2000
US
How do I switch to seamless window? Right now my desktop appears as an application I can maximize and minimize. With just Terminal Server it was crtl-alt-pause.

When you create the connection to the server with the ICA client you specify the Windows size. If you scroll the list of options down you will see:

640x480
800x00
1024x768 etc

but at the bottonm there is something like:

Full Screen

Choose this option and bob's your aunty!

Thanks,
Here is my question though. If I connect the same way with the Terminal Server client I get a new desktop on my client. I cannot see my local desktop unless I hit ctrl-alt-pause\break. If I connect with the Citrix client in the same seamless/full screen mode there is about a half an inch between the bottom of the Citrix desktop and the bottom of my screen. Right below the citrix taskbar is my local taskbar. Why doesn't the Citrix client take up the whole desktop like the Terminal Server client?

My thoughts are that it will take up all the screen when configured as discussed earlier. Do you mean the Local Windows task bar can still be seen when running Full Screen Citrix client sessions?

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. I have double-checked the settings and everything appears to be correct but I can still see the local task bar when connected up through the client. I logged in with the same client but as a different user and was able to get the full screen effect. It must have something to do with the user's settings but I can't figure out which. Thank you for your help so far.

Did you check the setting of the local taskbar, is it set to 'always on top' ??
pritch

Ok here is what I have found. When logged on as admin the settings for the desktop size is in the 740 by 620 range. When logged on as anyone else the setting is 1024 by 768. I can't change the setting while logged on as anyone. Does anyone know how to change this? I am using the same client icon for each login. The properties for the client desktop is full screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back