Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Seagate Phython Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATBCSLTD

Technical User
Feb 9, 2002
GB

HI

I have a new Seagte Python DD3 Drive which i cannot get to work in Backup exec 8x. The device is seen and takes an age to reconnize any tape put in. if i try to run an quick erase on any media it will take about 30 mins and then report the device is off line. The device is then put into an offline state.

I have tried three drive and two different controllers, i have also tried Tapeware and winnt Backup software.

The server if Winnt SBS 4.5.

Can anyone help

Cheers

Could you post the details of the bus you have it installed on?

I've had trouble with newer SCSI-3 HBAs and certain tape drives. On Adaptec HBAs, there are many settings that can be tailored specifically for the tape drive. Adaptec technical support was wonderful in helping to resolve it.

HI

It is on an adaptec array 1000u2 controler card. Hope this is what you require

Thanks

I'm not directly familiar with the card, but from looking at the adaptec site, the only 1000u2 cards I can find are SCSI raid cards (WARNING: long URL):

Generally, tape drives are not compatible with SCSI raid cards.

If I've gotten the card wrong, let me know. Was the other HBA you tried a SCSI raid card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back