Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Seagate info email notification not working with MAPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

areetus

Programmer
Jun 26, 2003
US
I am using Seagate Info 7.5 on win2K and using an Outlook 2000 client with all service packs up to date. I can get reports sent by email but I cannot produce success/failure notification emails.
I can get success/faulure notification to go to the event log.

I've scoured the Seagate support site, but have not found an adequate solution.

TIA

Thanks much for responding. I have that document and followed the instructions when I originally configured this. However, the notification just does not want to work I guess.

I've been through it many times (a looong time ago), and it's always troublesome, but it does work.

Usually it was a Outlook Client/Profile issue.

-k

One of the Outlook security patches regards any thrid party program that sends email as a potential virus, so asks for confirmation.

Remove the security patch.

That is the reason I migrated from MAPI to SMTP with cViewMANAGER, my Crystal Reports scheduler. It was a lot of code, but it's working smoothly.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Hi folks, thanks for the ideas. It seems to boil down to this. Although the Info Sentinal will start as a service logged into a local admin account, the Info APS will only successfully start when logging in as Localsystem. IT always times out. If I'm logged in as the local admin and run the Sentinal, APS and Agent as desktop processes, the notification et. al. work.

On another machine, the Agent and APS successfully start as services when logging in as a local admin and everything works.

The above is true for Domain admin accounts as well as local admin accounts

Seagate basically gave up on this one, and my ops people don't see any difference between the two machines as regards users, rights, security etc.

Anyway if I could just get the APS and Agent to start when logging in as an admin rather than the system account, I'd be all set!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back