Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SDS Telephone Directory Error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhallett

Technical User
Apr 30, 2003
US
For the past several weeks our 3300 ICP has been generating SDS Distribution errors from our AX controllers for the guest room extensions. These errors always have the following information.

Action: Add​
Form Name: Telephone Directory​
Reason: The Telephone Number may have only one prime user.​

When a guest is checked in, the Prime Name = Yes option is always selected for the room phone. It changes to Prime Name = No when the guest is checked out. So I cannot see why these errors would be generated.

This began occurring after I made some minor changes to the SMDR options. I do not see how these are related.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what else I should be checking or how I might stop the errors?

Respectfully.
Harry Hallett
Telecommunication Systems Technician
The Queen Mary Hotel

I have seen this quite a lot over the years with clustered hospitality systems. Most of the time it stems from an old name not being removed from one node during a check out. After wrestling with this for a long time on many a site I came to the decision that actually, unless you have display sets in the bedrooms, then you can exclude the bedroom extensions from the sharing scope to any node other than the hospitality gateway & the secondary controller. This has worked really well.

Bobcheese, I am still learning this system. And with no formal training it is a long learning curve. Would you mind giving me a step by step on how to do this?

Respectfully.
Harry Hallett
The Queen Mary Hotel

Hi Harry, if you are not familiar with the Mitel configuration I would not advise you make changes to SDS sharing scopes. I would suggest you pay your local vendor to complete this work.

Bobcheese, I understand what you are saying. I can do MACs, clear errors on phones, assign/reassign call queues, set ACD agent paths/skill groups/IDs, and other admin type things. But until I learn better there are things that I shouldn't mess with.

Respectfully.
Harry Hallett
The Queen Mary Hotel

Hi Harry, Yes, I am all up for 'suck it and see' but SDS is one of those things you just dont mess around with :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back