Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SDS Sharing Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

james1982

Technical User
Nov 14, 2003
GB
We have roughly 12 x 3300 Mxes in a cluster all SDS sharing. Mixture of MCD4.2 and MCD6 (we are in the process of upgrading)
We are adding another 3300 Mxe MCD6.0
The controller is successfully SDS sharing with 10 out of the 12 sites, however failing to share with 2.
THe IP trunks are showing as in service.
IP connectivity is inplace - I can ping between the controller.
I believe SDS uses port 7050, we dont believe this is being blocked (if it was I would think all SDS sharing would fail)

Has anyone experienced anything like this previously?

I've seen issues with older systems (release 9.0 and even into MCD4.0) that would stop sharing data randomly, normally after 4-12 weeks since the last reboot. Try rebooting one of the controllers that's refusing to share and see if that changes anything.

I have a similar site with 4 X 4.2's, 1 X 5.0, and 2 X 6.0's without issues.

I do have almost everything turned off for sharing because there are so many differences in forms (including form names!)

Just the absolute basics, no issues.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I agree with KWB - we share the fundamentals and that its.

Anyway - issue resolved, was a routing problem across the network - sharing fine now

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back