Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SDNs into CDR records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arugg

MIS
Sep 14, 2004
US
Hey everyone....I'm stumped. I have created two 500 sets that are SDNs in Call Pilot. They function they way I want them to but they are not showing up in my CDR reporting. Both extensions go to Call Pilot Apps at night. One of them has an FDN to the operator during office hours.

Is there something I'm missing with this? I need these to show in my CDR Reports.

Thanx in advance.

i use acd reports for cdn's since they don't cdr in my switch

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Ok. How do I do that? I use OTM for my CDR data. The two extensions I have used to be ACDs but a recent patch to my Call Pilot fixed a loophole I was using so I can not pull DNIS reports anymore.

You need to change the RDB in LD 16
CDR (NO) YES CDR provided.
- INC (NO) YES CDR records generated on incoming calls.
- LAST (NO) YES CDR record printing content option for redirected calls.If LAST = YES, the Terminating ID field in the CDR record will contain the last party. If LAST = NO, the Terminating ID field in the CDR record will contain the one before the last party.

I have those settings already. I'm getting CDR data for all my other extensions except the ones in question.

Ok. I've narrowed down the problem. Seems calls that are being redirected are not being recorded. I have LAST=NO and yet I still am missing these records. Any help would be great.

You'll have to forgive I won't understand some of the meridian techie terms like FDNs and SDNs.
However Meridian CDR isn't that brilliant for recording
diverts and call transfers (to be honest the only PABX that really thoroughly records such scenarios is the Realitis)
Basically make sure you've got CDRX set to YES in LD16 and
LAST being NO should give the party that was dialled or YES for the party that the call was redirected to. Of course if you've got multiple diverts of a call going on you're stuffed.
If someone can explain what FDNs and SDNs are I might be able to provide a bit more info. For my sins I'm a call logging techie rather than a PABX one.

SDN is a Service Directory Number
FDN is Forward Do Not Answer Directory Number

I do have:
CDR=YES
INC=YES
LAST=NO

Yet I don't get the records. Both of the extensions FDN on 1 ring to a different extension. Neither extension is ever truely answered on its own. They are coverage for 800 numbers dialling in.

The calls are looked at as abandoned calls. Look in the NTP's for CDR, it has it's own book, on what features to turn on so you can capture these calls. I know that you need to be using the FCDR New for it to be available. The remainder of the information is in the NTP's

I have looked thru the NTP. And still nothing. I also have set the FCDR=NEW and yet again nothing. Still looking.....

Can you give the the data for the record in question,
or are you not getting any record at all even against the extension that does answer the call?

In theory in the third line of the record you should get an R to indicate presence of redirection after ringing.
and if LAST is set to NO then the terminating ID field should contain the one before the last party.

If the call is being subject to multiple forwards then you won't get any information about the party the call originally went to.

Make sure all of ABAN, CDRB and CDRX are set to YES in LD16.
Also in LD 10/11/27 make sure you have CLS of ABDA, CDMA and ICDA

In the NTP's abandoned calls are refered to as Time To Answer. In the CDB under the gate opener FTR OPT TTAD/A set to TTAA to allow. In the RDB SET TTA (this will not appear unless OPT TTAA) YES and ABAN YES. I would imagine that when running the CDR report filter use the Call Date not Billing Date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back