Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

scvhosts.exe error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

volv

Technical User
Sep 21, 2003
GB
Hello there , could someone possibly help me out with this one, we have recently installed exchange 2000 server and set up about 10 users on in a windows 2000 domain. today 3 users have been getting the following error;;;

scvhosts.exe error ...following this they are getting the error message that the exchange server is unavailabe and can no longer send or recieve emails. This is resolved for abouyt 5mins by rebooting their machines !!!

there are an assortment of errors on the server event monitor including perfib warnings, ese98 errors, licenseservice errors, etc

can anyone shed some light on this, could it be a virus ? do i need a service pack?

where do i start ?

I think the blaster virus often causes the scvhost.exe error. Is your anti virus up to date?

many thanks Mikepl, i looked in the registry and sure enough....there the bugger was, i will remember that signature from now on,

again

many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back