Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCSI scanner instalation problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nostradamous

Technical User
Feb 17, 2005
US
Hello,

I recently bought an HP 6100c SCSI scanner. After start up the Found New Hardware Wizard opens, identifies the new scanner, but then is “unable to complete installation” because “Required section not found in INF”. My only option is to click finish. Then the scanner is nowhere to be found in the system, i.e. not listed in the device manager, or in Install New Hardware control panel.

There is, however, in the Install New Hardware control panel, but not the device manager, listed an HP C2520A SCSI Processor Device, with a question mark beside it. This is in fact the scanner because once I turned off the scanner and I was told I had improperly disconnected the HP C2520A. If I click on it in the Install New Hardware control panel it says that it’s working fine, and I am unable to update the drivers.

Usually I know how to install drivers, but I think there must be something else wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Marc Galabrun

Try copying the driver files to Windows/System32, Windows/System32/Drivers & Windows/inf folders and try to install again, you may want to start with updated drivers from HPs site.

Are you trying to install an ISIS driver or a TWAIN? I used to work for a company that has a division called Pixtools that may have an updated ISIS driver available. What capture software are you running? Is this a workgroup or production level scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back