Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCSI Hard Drive and Controller Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffkelly

Technical User
Aug 18, 2003
US
I have an Intel S845WD1-E motherboard running Netware 3.12. I'm thinking about switching from IDE drives to SCSI drives. Anyone have a recommendation for a fast controller and large hard drive (at least 40-80 gigs, 10,000 RPM) that is has drivers for Netware 3.12? Thanks.

I would go with Adaptec. I have used them in the past on Novell servers and never had a problem.

FYI, I purchased an Adaptec 2940N w/ 2 Seagate ST336753LW Ultra 320 15,000 RPM drives. So far, so good. Still waiting on the mirroring process to complete.

well jeffkelly i would like to know whether i can install novell netvare 3.12 on server board s845wd1-e using RAID 1 u have mentioned that u have installed would like to know whether netware 3.12 works properly with s845wd1-e using RAID 1 , i doubt whether s845wd1-e supports netware 3.12 operating system with RAID o or RAID 1 for data protection

i would be shifting my old desktop server with 3.12 to this new one using s845wd1-e with RAID 1 shall i go ahed & purchase this board or will i face any problems configuring RAID 1 with netware 3.12 on s845wd1-e.

awaiting your mail

I'm not familiar with that particular RAID card, but do you know if they have HAM drivers available for it, say for NetWare 4.11? If so, you can apply some patches that will let NetWare 3.12 load HAMs, and then you should be able to make it work.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back