Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

scsi controller 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozi403

Technical User
Apr 29, 2002
TR
Hi,

I attached a pci scsi controller card on my system.
When I check this by:

#cfgadm
c0

it shows default controller, not my attached controller.
How can I configure as "c1" ? or What is the possible problems?

thanks.

What is actually displayed if you run "cfgadm -al" or "-va" and what type of Sun box & O/S are you using?

$ cfgadm -al
Ap_Id Type Receptacle Occupant Condition
c0 scsi-bus connected configured unknown
c0::dsk/c0t0d0 disk connected configured unknown
c0::dsk/c0t2d0 CD-ROM connected configured unknown
$ uname -a
SunOS kackar 5.9 Generic_117171-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10

Ozi403...
Ultra 5s and 10s do not have a SCSI controller, they are PCI bused workstations. If you added a SCSI board like a X1032A (10/100 BaseT Ultra SCSI PCI Adapter) I think this adapter will come up as Controller 0.

bfitzmai

I plugged it on pci slot also.I have used this scsi card normally for 1 year when my O/S was Solaris8. Then I upgrade my O/S to Solaris9 but I couldn't use my SCSI card.

Have you taken the system down to OK prompt and ran a "probe_scsi_all" to show what peripherals you have

OK>setenv auto-boot? false
reset-all
Once the system gets back to the ok> prompt,
probe-scsi-all
Should now display h/w: -
To Reset
setenv auto-boot? true

Ozi403,
I would recommend you looking at the HCL (Hardware Control List) for Solaris 9 to verify the PCI card you are using is covered. You may have to download and install specific drivers. If you post the model number for the PCI card, I will see if I can find information for you.

Hello bfitzmai,

I take a way from your idea and its qlogic ISP1040B pci scsi controller card so it has 32 bit rate, but my OS is 64 bit. Is that my problem? If it is yes, how can I set my OS to 32 bit?Is this possible?

thanks.

Thanks a lot bfitzmai,
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back