Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCSI cards for VS80 DLT drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikwantum

Technical User
Aug 19, 2004
PT
Hi everyone,

I'm having a hard time finding out what are the compatible SCSI cards for the VS80 DLT.
The guy who sold me VS80 also sold me Adaptec AVA 2904, but I thing he doublecrossed me for that is a "Fast SCSI" card with External 50 pin connector (SE), and what VS80 needs is External 68 pin ultra2 SCSI or Ultra SCSI (LVD or SE).
It's been very confusing to understand what is what, both at the adaptec and Quantum websites, but the bottom line is that my Workstation doesn't recognize the DLT drive... And I'm 99% sure it's because AVA 2904 is not an adequate SCSI card for my VS80 DLT.

Can anyone tell me what SCSI card/host adapter is suitable for my DLT?? At the lowest possible cost, if you please...

Adaptec 2940U2W

this is a LVD/SE card which has a 68pin external connector

if your vs80 is LVD/SE, then this card will work. I test all my LVD/SE devices using this card. Make sure you use a LVD terminator.

good luck

Thanks! I'll be looking for that card!

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back