Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scrollpane in 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

brainpudding

Technical User
Sep 29, 2002
US
I have a nested scrollpane in my flash movie and want it to load another .swf I have it loading it but on the initial load it ....wiggs out.. it runs out of the scrollpane .. but if you go right back to it it works fine .... i must not have the code in the right place or something .. the site is here .. click on the recipes section and move around in it you will see what i mean.

Also how do i get rid of the outline around the scrollpane?

I don't see what your talking about. What seem to be loaded movies, do go down past the recipe box itself, but I never see a scrollpane, scrollbars or outlines. I'm not on MX2004, but do have Flash player 7 installed...

its a movie clip inside of a movie .. go to it once then go back to it and it will be ok but on the initial load its messed up.. its like the scroll pane dosnet figure out how long the actual file being displayed in it is until after it loads it...

thanks for the reply old

Hey!
I get what you mean... Dunno, must be some wierd problem with the Flash Player itself. Are you using the Macromedia component or one you made yourself? The problem may lie in that... But you could use the MovieClip property
Code:
_visible
to hide the scrollpane outline when you don't want it...
Happy Flashing,
FLASHfreak :)

maybe in not explaining it sorrectly .. if you go to the menu section and click on lunch .. when it loads the movie it runs of the bottom of the screen. but if you hit the lunch button again its ok. how can i fix that?

For me it allways runs off the bottom, no matter how many times I hit "Lunch", and I never see any scrollbars, or a scrollpane border, for that matter.

well crap.. that makes no sense ... for most people it loads messed up the first time but after that its ok .. if there some way to put a refresh on it after its 100% loaded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back