Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scrollpane and IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariebmk

Programmer
Jun 26, 2003
US
Hello. I have a site that has extensive use of scrollpanes with dynamic content. When I test it on my local machine there are no problems. I've now put it out on the web and some issues are coming up.

Under Mozilla and Opera all is fine and dandy, but in IE the first time the scroll panes are loaded the content "spills" out of the boundries. Anyone have any ideas first of all, why this would happen, and two, why only in IE?

Wouldn't be an issue if we could convince all of our users to switch over to mozilla :p

Thanks!

Beth

What's the dynamic content that's loaded in these scrollpanes? Have you updated your IE browser player recently? On what platform are you?

PS: You'd have a very hard time convincing me to ever switch over to Mozilla!

Regards. Affiliate Program - Web Hosting - Web Design

lol. Mozilla is your friend!

But besides that . . .the dynamic content is a variety of form materials . . . text, text inputs, comboboxes, etc. I'm using Flash MX 2004 professional, on Windows XP SP2, flash player 7. I've been having troubles with this throughout development, and got through some of it by having the scroll panes refresh after they load. Fixed it for Mozilla, but now consitently breaks in IE (though only the first time through)

I hate computers sometimes :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back