Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scrolling Toolbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

ernieg

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2001
GB
Hi

In Windows XP, does anyone know how to disable the scroll buttons that appear on the taskbar when more than 10 or 11 applications are open simultaneously.
I know that applications can be grouped but I find it annoying that I need to 'search' for windows or applications. I downloaded TweakUI but still no option to disable this, or return to the 'classic' taskbar.

Thanks
Ern.
[ponder]

Have you tried Locking the Taskbar? Right click on clear area of Taskbar to set it.

Yes, its locked at the moment. But the scroll buttons still appear.

Thanks
Ernie

What I think you want is a return to a more W2K type taskbar. Unlock the taskbar. Drag it bigger. Uncheck group similar. Autohide the task bar. Re lock the task bar. Apply

Yes it's probably the best workaround. But I was really looking for a permanent fix that returns it to 95, 98, NT and W2K style.

Thanks
Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back