Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

scrolling movie with buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxg257

Programmer
Jul 11, 2003
US
I was making a popUp window in flash that contained a movieclip with the options that the user would be able to select. (This popUp window will appear in the middle of a bigger movie). The options were designed to be buttons, that only contained text, and within the movieclip, the user would go to a different frame when a certain option was clicked on so that it appeared to be highlighted.

Basically I need to know how to get a movie clip that contains buttons to work with the scrollpane component. Right now, when the user scrolls, any content that should disappear as it leaves the scrollpane area, is still visible. After trying various things, it seems that the scrollpane component does not work unless the movieclip that it is scrolling contains a graphic. I can not use the text area/scroll bar option, because the text that is being scrolled, needs to be in the form of buttons.

I also tried using a mask above and below the scrollable area, but then all of the options become masked, and not just those outside the scrollable area.

I hope this makes sense! If anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

can you post the fla. not too easy to see the problem from the description only.

How are you loading the content into the scrollpane?

In the Scroll Content paramater, you should have the same name as the linkage identifier on the MC you are trying to scroll.

So you don't have the MC on the stage, only the scrollpane. The MC will be pulled in from the library.

frozenpeas

Looks like you main problem is because you don't have the latest test and standalone players.
Assuming you have the latest browser plugins, and check your movie online and your content mc does stay within the bounds of the scrollpane, then you definately have to update your test and standalone players.

You might also need to embed the font used, if your using any mask or tween, in this clip holding the scrollpane.

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Bacon, eggs and sunshine are still good for me!

frozenpeas, I did do this in the way you stated, and it does load the movie into the scroll pane window. The problem is that when you scroll the movie, it does not disappear as it leaves the scrollpane window. you can still see it outside the scrollable area. If that makes sense...

I answered that!

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Bacon, eggs and sunshine are still good for me!

oldnewbie, you were the closest to figuring out my problem. I was using the _sans font. Once I changed it to Arial and unchecked the 'use device fonts' option, I was able to get the scroll pane window to funtion the way I wanted it to.

Thanks for the help everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back