Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scrolling Image over top of a page

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy00001

Programmer
Mar 11, 2002
CA
I have seen this done before but can not remember where, what I am looking for is laid out below.

How do I:
1. Have an image load after 30 seconds
2. Load it over top(hover) of the page
3. Keep the image the same distance from the top of the page (ie. if the user has scrolled down the page it will still appear in the same position relative to the top of the browser window.)
3. Have the image scroll half way accross the page then back to the left hand side.
4. And finally if the person clicks on the image it opens a new page.

Thanks

Rob

What do you mean job posting?

This is a help request 'boy'.

I'd appreciate if you can provide any help that you do, even just pointing me to a website that has some sample scripts that I can paste together on my own.

If you can't then I don't know why you responded.

He means job posting because the amount of code required to do what you originally asked is similar to what we'd get paid for each day. I'm sure if you would have originally posted some sample code of what you've worked on so far, and asked how to modify it to help make it do what you're asking, the response would have been much different.

Tek-tips is intended to be a site where professionals come together to help eachother out. I'm sure theboyhope probably assumed you had come here asking someone to write up the script for you, and this is not the intention of this site.

Now, to answer your original question, if you check out they have lots of example scripts to perform the tasks you're trying to accomplish. You might have to piece together a few of them to do exactly what you want.

-kaht

banghead.gif

Well I have been a member for a few years and anyone that has responded to my posts have never been so ignorant.

Yesterday I spent 2 hours trying to find what I need on Google but thanks anyway 'boy'.

I do thank you very much kaht for the link.

If you look at theboyhope's other posts and his ranking in the MVP list/(full) MVP list you'll see that he's anything but ignorant. He's helped me quite a few times when I first joined the site.

Anyway.... I think it's best if this issue is just dropped.

-kaht

banghead.gif

Well I have been a member for a few years and anyone that has responded to my posts have never been so ignorant.

Not to beleauger the point, but since you became a member on 3-11-2002, you've only logged in 34 times, posted exactly 5 times, responded to other posts just once, and responded in your own posts 10 tmes. The remaining 14 reponses to your posts were made by just 6 different people.

It hardly seems fair to lash out as you have when you spend comparitively little time here. As they say, you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar....

There's always a better way. The fun is trying to find it!

Perhaps your right.

But with that link you provided I found exactly what I was looking for within 2 minutes and again I thank YOU very much.

Oh, Christ - here I go upsetting people again.

I should have either just asked what you had done on your own so far or ignored the thread.

I saw the list 1, 2, 3, 3, 4 ;-) and came over all snipey.

Sometimes the free-loaders, the people who don't even bother to describe their problem properly, the people who abandon threads never to return after you spent an hour working out a solution for them and the people who never mark a helpful post as helpful get on our wick and then we open a new thread and some 'boy' like you who just asked a question (and then starts calling people ignorant) gets it in the neck.

I do try not to do this but there's no edit feature on this forum so, once said, you can't take it back.

Kaht: thanks for the defence. I think you were maybe right about dropping it but I just had to chip in. ;-)

Kaht, the missus just read this thread while I was off the computer and she says you're invited over for dinner. :-D

Ziggy's not coming, apparently. ;-)

My fiance wants to know if she's invited too.

[lol]

-kaht

banghead.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back