Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

scrolling for Flash 3 - contn'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

palle

Technical User
May 30, 2000
DE
continued: Down scroll:
on (rollOver) {
target = getProperty("/text/01", _y);
if (target<=-1083) {
stop ();
} else {
play ();
setProperty (&quot;/text/01&quot;, _y, getProperty(&quot;/text/01&quot;, _y)-5);
}
}

in every single one of these post you have stated a code..but you have yet to ask a question concerning what you want to do, or what is not working..would help..

just a thought....
e.gif

virtuality2001@aol.com

Sorry! In the preview my messages look ok, but then in the forum the bottom half is cut off. Don't know why...
The question is why my code isn't working with the Flash 3 plugin.
The output tells me that different parts of my syntax only works in flash 4 or 5. Need to get it working with Flash 3!
Thanks for answering despite the weirdness of the text!!!
Palle

You really aren't going to like this, but...

setProperty and getProperty only work with Flash Player V4 or later... which rather knackers the whole section of code!

Not sure what the alternative way of setting properties is though... ...or even if you could do it in Flash 3.

=/

PetitPal.

p.s. If you look in the ActionScript Dictionary from the Help menu, and then lookup the relevant commands, it tells you what version of Flash they are compatible with. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back