Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scrolling Credits 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baixinha

Programmer
Dec 27, 2000
BR
I need to do my credits screen and the text should scroll up and fade out on the top before exit the screen.

I have alread seen this in another product.

How can I do this?

You need to create a .tiff image with the same width as your movie and which is the same colour as your background. It also needs to have an alpha channel with a gradient from top to bottom. Put this image at the top of your movie in a higher channel number than your text. When your text reaces your .tiff image, the image will ask as a mask to create the appearence of fading text.

Chris

I tried to do this, but didn´t work. There is some thing diferent that give me the same effect?

The only other way I know is using lingo, but the effect will not be as good. I use the method I gave earlier and never have a problem, so it should work OK. What result did you get?

Chris

I did the image (Photoshop), I saved and put into the Director, but everything stayed black. Why?

You can't have made the alpha channel correctly.
You need to select all, then goto select->save selection to save the selection as a new chanel (call this alpha). Then in the channels tab, deselect and hide the RGB channel so just alpha is selected.
Now use the gradient tool to create a black-white gradient from top to bottom. If you reselect and make visible the RGB channel you should see a red-transparent gradient. If this is OK then fill the RGB chanel with your background colour, save as a .tiff file. Make sure you choose 32 bit if asked.

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back