Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scrollable Toolbar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexthageek

IS-IT--Management
Mar 23, 2002
US
Anyone know to create a scrollable toolbar?

I have been searching for a day for something that might help.
What i did find was that I need to put the toolbar in a pager control, but im a VB.NET newbie, and im not sure how to do that.

Thanks in Advance
Mike

You could try putting the tool bar in a panel w/ auto scroll. I guess it matters on what kind of "scroll" effect you are looking for.

-Rick

----------------------
[banghead]If you're about to post an ASP.Net question,
please don't do it in the VB.Net forum[banghead]

[monkey] I believe in killer coding ninja monkeys.[monkey]

I am looking for a scroll effect that if the toolbar is wider then the application it will display an arrow on both sides of the toolbar allow one to scroll to the other links.

I hope im making myself clear, I have seen it before just not sure where.

Thanks
Mike

You'll probrably have to build a rather customer solution for it. The auto scroll just gives a scroll bar, which won't really help. Best bet will probrably be using a pair of buttons, a panel inside a panel and setting the left position of the panel that contains the tool bar. Maybe someone else has a better idea though... I'm starving. Design and Lack of food do not go together well.

-Rick

----------------------
[banghead]If you're about to post an ASP.Net question,
please don't do it in the VB.Net forum[banghead]

[monkey] I believe in killer coding ninja monkeys.[monkey]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back