Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scroll Wheel - Any updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintious

Programmer
Dec 16, 2002
US
I have a form that is larger than the screen, but my clients allways use the scroll mouse. I've read a lot of previous message where no one could find a solution to the scrolling through records problem. Has there been any updates with Access 2002, or is this still a problem?

All I want is to be able to let my clients scroll through the FORM rather than records. If it makes any difference, my clients will only be working with one record at a time, and they'll have to close the form and reopen it to make another record.

Thanks

My first thought would be to place a sub form within a main form with scroll bars set to none on the main form, both on the sub form.

If this doesn't work can you please supply a bit more info.
Thanks.

I tried putting it as a subform in another form. It doens't work.

My problem is this, when a user scrolls through a form, it scrolls through the records rather than just form page.

Set the Default View of the Form properties to "Single Form".
The user shoudn't be able to scroll to next or previous record, without selecting the record selectors.

Vintious...

I have the same problem... and so far... no solution in sight...

Sorry Vintious and DajOne that my suggestions haven't helped, I've got lots of forms larger than the screen. Using my mouse wheel moves up and down the form on the currently displayed record, it doesn't take me to the previous or next record. Maybe try re-posting this in the Access Forms Forum.

My final suggestion is that you take a look at how your mouse wheel is set up. I'm using a Microsoft IntelliMouse. My setup for the wheel is to scroll one screen at a time. I've tried this on various PC's today, on each one of them where I've changed scroll x amount of lines at a time to one screen at a time, the wheel navigates to the end of the form where the form is longer than the screen size, but beware, if you scroll too much, you will be taken to the next record.

How about using a temporary table, create it upon opening the form, then append to the "real table" and delete it(temp table) on exit?

-yut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back